We’re just a little over a week away from the “Star Wars Rebels” premiere, and the marketing and merchandise for the series is in full swing! Lucasfilm and Disney has sent us an official press release for all the different “Star Wars Rebels” products hitting store shelves, which you can check out below and see which of the many “Star Wars Rebels” items you want to collect!
Disney Consumer Products Extends Epic Storytelling with the Launch of Star Wars Rebels Product Assortment
Glendale, Calif. (September 22, 2014) — Disney Consumer Products has unveiled an intergalactic assortment of products celebrating the release of Star Wars Rebels, the new Disney XD animated television series which debuts October 3rd on Disney Channel and continues on Disney XD starting October 13th. With all new exciting adventures and memorable new characters, Star Wars Rebels will introduce a new generation of fans to the Star Wars galaxy, inspiring new lines of figures, spaceships and lightsabers, apparel and accessories, home décor, books and more from best-in-class licensees including Hasbro, LEGO, Mad Engine, Rubies and Jay Franco.
“Star Wars Rebels extends the franchise’s legendary storytelling while refreshing nostalgic play patterns with a new audience,” said Josh Silverman, executive vice president of global licensing, Disney Consumer Products. “With updated classics like multi-functional lightsabers and buildable spacecraft, kids will be able to recreate the epic galactic space fantasy that has been shared by multiple generations.”
Star Wars Rebels is also supported by Disney Publishing Worldwide with a new book program and series of interactive mobile apps from Disney Lucasfilm Press which expand upon the Star Wars Rebels series. The first wave of Star Wars Rebels books includes Star Wars Rebels: A New Hero by Pablo Hidalgo, an action-packed picture book that uses dynamic concept art from the show, and Star Wars Rebels: Servants of the Empire, an original chapter book series written by Jason Fry. Star Wars Journeys, an episodic series of apps from Disney Publishing, will be updated this October to include the stories that lead up to the action-packed adventures in Star Wars Rebels. In early 2015, Star Wars Scene Maker: Rebels will launch to feature the locations and characters from the series, giving fans an unrivaled user-generated storytelling experience that allows them to re-imagine and re-create scenes from Star Wars Rebels.
In addition to the collection of Star Wars Rebels products available at Disney Store locations nationwide, www.DisneyStore.
Star Wars Rebels is set between the events of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith andStar Wars Episode VI: A New Hope. It is a dark time in the galaxy. The evil Galactic Empire has tightened its grip on the star systems and the noble Jedi Knights are nearly extinct. Star Wars Rebels follows the brave and clever ragtag crew of the starship Ghost — street-smart hero Ezra, cowboy Jedi Kanan, ace pilot Hera, Zeb, the muscle, explosives artist Sabine, and Chopper, the grumpy astromech droid — who embark on thrilling adventures and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.
Highlights from the product line include:
Action Figures & Role-Play:
- Star Wars Rebels Action Figures by Hasbro (MSRP: $5.99-9.99): Team up characters or pit them against each other with these awesome action figures, featuring heroes and villains from the new animated series, Star Wars Rebels.
- Star Wars Rebels Inquisitor Lightsaber by Hasbro (MSRP: $29.99): The signature weapon of the fearsome new villain from Star Wars Rebels – the Inquisitor — comes to life in toy form. Start the battle with a single blade, and then attach the second blade to the special hilt for three feet of double-bladed power. And, for the first time ever, launch the Force Disc for a long distance strike!
- Star Wars Rebels The Ghost by LEGO (MSRP: $89.99): Get ready to battle the Empire with the rebel heroes’ awesome starship – the Ghost! The ship has plenty of weaponry on board with 2 spring-loaded shooters, storage for a spare missile and a lightsaber.
- Star Wars Rebels Costumes by Rubies (MSRP: $21.99-29.99): Show your support for the Empire or rebels this Halloween season with costumes inspired by the Star Wars Rebels characters.
- Star Wars Rebels Tees by Mad Engine (MSRP: $12.95): Demonstrate your allegiance to the rebel cause with character-inspired tees that feature a graffiti-inspired motif.
- Star Wars Rebels PJ Pals by Disney Store ($16.95): He’ll be sleeping under the stars every night wearing this comfy cotton PJ Pal set featuring favorite characters from theStar Wars Rebels animated series.
- Star Wars Rebels Defeat The Empire Bedding Set by Jay Franco (MSRP: $14.99-32.99): Head for bed with the coolest group of heroes in the galaxy! The set of sheets, pillowcases and comforter will inspire out-of-this-world dreams, while the Chopper decorated Pillowtime Pal adds extra comfort.
- Star Wars Rebels Wall Decal by York Wallcoverings (MSRP: $15.99): Turn your bedroom into the rebels’ starship Ghost with removable wall decals of your favorite characters.
- Star Wars Rebels Posters by Trends (MSRP: $5.00-8.00): Show your support for the Empire or rebels with these awesome propaganda posters that are inspired by the epic rivalry.
- Star Wars Rebels Lunchbox & FUNtainer Bottle by Thermos (MSRP: $9.99-16.99):Carry around your lunch in style with the insulated Stormtrooper themed lunchbox and stainless steel FUNtainer hydration bottle.
- Star Wars Rebels Vinyl Binder by Disney Store ($18.95): Create eye-catching Avery Custom Signature Binders for home or office, featuring the characters from Star Wars Rebels.
- Star Wars Rebels Hera iPhone Case by Disney Store ($39.95): Protect your iPhone 4 or 5/5S with a customizable Barely There Case-Mate case. This form-fitting case covers the back and corners of your iPhone with an impact resistant, flexible plastic shell, while still providing access to all ports and buttons.
- Star Wars Rebels Watch by MZB (MSRP: $19.99): Help your Jedi-in-training learn to tell time with this Stormtrooper themed stainless steel watch that features labeled hour and minute hands!
Star Wars Rebels Scooter by Huffy (MSRP: $39.99-89.99): Race to your next adventure in a Star Wars Rebels branded scooter! The orange aluminum scooter deck is fully wrapped with grip tape and printed with a scene from the new animated series!
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that delivers innovative and engaging product experiences across thousands of categories from toys and apparel to books and fine art. As the world’s largest licensor, DCP inspires the imaginations of people around the world by bringing the magic of Disney into consumers’ homes with products they can enjoy year-round. DCP is comprised of three business units: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around five strategic brand priorities: Disney Media, Classics & Entertainment, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Lucasfilm and Marvel. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world’s largest publisher of children’s books, magazines, and digital products and also includes an English language learning business, consisting of Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW’s growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps that leverage Disney content in innovative ways. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide and is known for providing consumers with high-quality, unique products. Disney’s official shopping portals online are www.DisneyStore.com andwww
About Lucasfilm Ltd.
Lucasfilm Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company’s activities include visual effects and audio post-production, cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS andINDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.